Wednesday 18 April 2012

Dancing Art deco woman cont....

It is my next day of carving and she is coming along. Some details I am very happy with, (think i've got the breasts right now). I have been chopping and changing what areas I work on, a sure sign that I need a break. Due to the size and detail of the sculpture, the concentration required is quite intense.

Here is a picture of some closer detail of her tiny foot, almost at the finished stage.

The picture below is an over view of the sculpture. it still early days. I need to get her outline and depths sorted out first before I tackle the background details.I down loaded a picture of her to copy from this art gallery in New York. I have never managed to find a picture of the original..I wish I could.

A close up of her face at this stage, not a pretty sight. Art Deco and Art Nouveau are very difficult styles to emulate, I feel. they were very much products of their time, the grace and the elegance, and the subtlety of the details are what gives art from this period its feel.

A little more work done and she isn't quite so ugly, but I still don't feel like I have captured that art deco feel,hmmm.....

Ah...started to add some background detail before I am truly happy with the main body of the sculpture. Sure sign that I need a break. Now time for something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment